I Corinthians 12:4-7 "There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them. There are different ways of serving, but the same Lord is served. There are different abilities to perform service, but the same God gives ability to all for their particular service. The Spirit's presence is shown in some way in every person for the good of all."
God has given us many gifts to use and serve others in God's kingdom. God uses each of us to accomplish His work on Sundays and throughout the week. Our congregation takes time to help individuals and families learn how God has shaped them to live out their calling in this world. Below you will find links for two tools to serve you to see how God has equipped you.
There are links to the Spiritual Gifts Assessment below. An assessment was designed for youth as well as one for adults. Below are listed a short description of the names and descriptions of the spiritual gifts God gives as outline in 1 Corinthians 12. When you complete the online assessment you will be given the three top areas where you are gifted.
Adult Test: Spiritual Gift Assessment for Adults
Youth Test (Middle and High School): Spiritual Gift Assessment for Youth
These are the names and descriptions of gifts which our Lord bestows upon us as His people. Completing the online assessment will provide you with the top 3 areas where you are gifted.
Administration: To organize, direct, and implement plans to lead others
Discernment: The ability to recognize those things which are pulling us from God
Evangelism: Those who clearly and effectively communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to others
Exhortation: The gift of encouragement to strengthen those who are wavering in their faith
Faith: A gift beyond that of saving faith which builds up the Church in God certain promises
Giving: Those who are led to generously provide for our Lord’s Church
Knowledge: To inform others how God is the center of all things made known in Jesus Christ
Leadership: Is related to administration and includes care, protection and assistance to others
Mercy: The gift of compassion and patience for those in need and the ability to walk with them
Serving/Ministering: Those who act in genuine love to build up (edify) the community of believers
Teaching: Those who explain expound and instruct in the Church according to the Scriptures
Wisdom: The ability to share how, “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Psalm 111:10) so that believers will recognize which actions and words are appropriate in a situation
We desire for everyone at Jordan to become more connected to Christ and one another as we grow together. The second tool we are sharing is a Time and Talents Inventory that will permit you to share more about yourself such as your hobbies, skills and passions so that we can connect people into things already happening at Jordan as well as consider where the Lord may be leading our ministry as we learn the giftedness of the congregation.
Here are a few suggestions for filling out the two tools.
- Find a quiet time to pray and think about the gifts you have to offer to God and others. To help explore and discover the gifts that you have, we have a "Spiritual Gifts Assessment" that we want you to take. You may find that you have other undiscovered gifts and talents.
- Fill out the demographics section of the Time and Talents Inventory to help us update our directory.
- Inside the Time and Talent Inventory carefully read each area of ministry or talent and circle the areas where you are gifted and willing to serve or learn. Inside the inventory there is a brief description of the ministries offered here to help clarify what they do. If you are an “unsung hero” and cannot find your gift or talent listed, please write it down in the last section. Feel free to share your ideas or questions in writing on this form or by contacting Jay Kitzmiller at 919-454-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The leaders of the areas you select will contact you and help you determine the best fits for your talents at Jordan. They will train you if required, or help uncover your talents and gifts. We will be offering future Time and Talent workshops to assist you.
- Please turn in your paper documents to the ushers, welcome table or church office. You may also electronically fill out a fillable PDF or Word Doc to email@example.com.
- When you have completed the inventory, offer a prayer of thanks to God for the gifts you have received, and pray that you may have the understanding and willingness to share those gifts.